South Carolina Addiction Treatment Services
South Carolina Addiction Treatment Services
In collaboration with a prospective client, the initial assessment will examine biological, psychological, and social domains to help determine a proper recommendation for clinical care. We will also evaluate for any co-occurring disorders, discover and reinforce strengths, and begin the process of building rapport. This service can also be done independently of enrollment in other services but is usually the first step before engagement in one of our treatment services.
Medical Detox Program (Detoxification)
Upon entering Waypoint Recovery Center, each client undergoes a medical exam that includes a detailed look at the person’ usage history. In many cases, detox will be recommended before entering the main recovery program as a way to help rid the body of toxic substances.
The length of detoxification depends upon a number of factors, such as length of usage, most recent use, and what type of substance is used, but most clients can expect to spend five to seven days in detox. This is followed by residential treatment, family services, and outpatient therapies.
Our medical detox facility offers personalized care with medically-assisted detox for alcohol, opiates, and benzodiazepines. Hosted on out nationally-recognized residential treatment facility on a beautiful 58-acre campus located in Cameron, South Carolina (convenient to I-26 and I-95). Our dedicated, caring, and compassionate nursing staff and recovery associates provide 24/7 supervision for clients to ensure a safe and comfortable recovery experience.
Therapy is individualized to the needs of the person; objectives of each treatment plan will reflect a shared journey. We fully understand the value of meeting clients “where they are at,” taking into account their understanding and insights regarding the impact of substance use in their life. Then, we introduce the appropriate empirically-based intervention that can help the person gain insight and make effective change.
Our residential treatment program in our Cameron location is a peaceful, scenic environment ideal for helping clients address substance use disorder and its underlying issues.
Our multi-disciplinary treatment team is comprised of professionals highly experienced in addiction medicine and individuals in active recovery who can provide peer support. Clients also have access to medical and nursing staff all day, every day.
Our structured, comprehensive program includes daily process group meetings with 12-step facilitation; education about recovery skills, relapse prevention, and various psychoeducational topics; individual therapy; development of living sober recreational skills; and involvement with the local AA and NA community.
Before completion of the program, we help our clients plan follow-up care with our Intensive Outpatient Program in N. Charleston or with their own local resources.
Prior to discharge, clients will also begin working with the online-based Trac9 relapse prevention program and can use it for 12 months after discharge.
499 Wild Hearts Rd
Cameron, SC 29030
View on Google Maps
Intensive Outpatient Program
Our most comprehensive program, Waypoint IOP offers flexible resources to support a changed lifestyle, fully independent from substance use.
Much of work done in the IOP is accomplished in group settings. These groups may include:
- Process groups: In a process group several people meet together with a therapist to share their struggles and concerns. Process groups can help individuals learn more about themselves and about the ways in which they interact with others. The group setting allows for the development of mutual support and understanding.
- Education groups: An education group tends to be less focused on interpersonal relationships and more focused on learning. A trained therapist shares information and ideas that can help the members of the group develop good coping skills and the ability to set, pursue, and meet goals that support sobriety.
- Skills building groups: In a skill-building group, members learn and practice skills that will serve them well in their day-to-day lives and help them lessen the likelihood of a relapse. Being able to skillfully manage the stresses of everyday life is an essential part of successfully maintaining sobriety over the long term.
All clients enrolled in this service are asked to invite their chosen family to Multiple Family Group Therapy (MFGT).
Addiction impacts the stability of the home, the family’s unity, mental health, physical health, finances, and overall family dynamics.
Addiction can often stress a family to the breaking point. Addiction can totally disrupt family life and cause harmful, lasting effects. This is why addiction is referred to as a family disease. At Waypoint Recovery Center, we want to address the whole family system to optimize success. In order to do so effectively, we provide three different ways for the family to engage:
- The Intensive Outpatient Program offers many opportunities for family involvement with Multiple Family Group Therapy (MFGT).
- Family therapy with a single family unit as an adjunctive service with any of our other treatment services.
- Family counseling a way to educate, support, and treat the family unit. We teach strategies to establish healthy boundaries with loved ones in active addiction and to help the entire family manage the impact addiction can cause. Often times families need support and have questions before their loved one reaches out for help. This service can provide families with the tools to be proactive with their support.
Group Therapy services are focused groups designed to be flexible and meet the needs of the community. These may include substance use disorder groups (similar to those in IOP), specific skill-building groups, packaged programming for local referral sources, and treatment groups for people utilizing medication-assisted therapy with local practitioners.
Continuing Care / Recovery Management
Continuing Care/Recovery Management focuses primarily on relapse prevention and the maintenance of a comprehensive recovery program, not just abstinence. These services are available to clients who have completed Waypoint’s residential treatment program or the intensive outpatient program (IOP).
At Waypoint Recovery Center, we are wholly focused on supporting those who need help reclaiming and maintaining their sobriety. We pride ourselves on offering continuing care that is free from judgment and grounded in compassion and expertise.
The completion of your program at Waypoint Recovery Center is a marker of time and not a signal that you are “cured” from addiction.
The Alumni Coordinator is available seven days a week to anyone who has completed the residential or outpatient programs. For help finding meetings, sponsors, 12th Step facilitation, fellow alumni, general recovery questions, or just someone to talk to who has “been there,” the Alumni Coordinator is here to assist.